“The SuperHappy Lifestyle®” originally began as a week-long celebration of the successful yam harvest. After days of eating and drinking a variety of yam and yam products, the Village chieftains would then sacrifice the elder members of the tribe to their god, The Beast-Thing of Azanmouth.
Interesting side-note: Based on the surviving accounts,, the Beast-Thing apparently resembled less of a hellbeast and more of an annoyed Labradoodle. Albeit a Labradoodle with a vicious snaggletooth
Over time, tribal members began to realize they enjoyed the company of their grandparents (and their abundant hordes of Werther’s Originals) more than yams. Indeed, a yam-based diet gets old after just a little while. From that point on, citizens no longer needed to witness Nanny and Boompa's dismemberment by a giant hypoallergenic spawn of the devil. From there, the festival evolved into a rather raucous fertility festival. At least, it was untill the reign of Oliver Cromwell, who stamped out the joy in life wherever he trod.
Still, the tradition continues today, diluted somewhat from the original intent but still retaining a modicum of entertainment value. Though our numbers are nothing like they were in the heyday of the movement, we still manage to recruit new members with each passing day. You too, can become a member. Just follow these handy guidelines.
How to become a SuperHappy Acolyte
- Be a decent person.
- Be able to laugh at yourself.
- Think bow ties can be cool. Not always, but often.
- Desire a 1970’s Trans Am like the one from Smokey & The Bandit.
- Use the symbol “&” when writing correspondence.
- Refuse to believe the works of Shakespeare were written by the Earl of Oxford.
- Accept the Pastafarians as viable candidates amongst the various world religions.
- Know that neither Star Wars nor Star Trek are superior to one another.
- Reject the company of anyone who has a set of “truck nuts”.
- Embrace animation as an adult.
- Have an unabashed love of the National Park System.
- Refrain from selfies.
- Exercise occasionally.
- Avoid the wearing of Berets(no exceptions).
- Appreciate trees without hugging them. They have space issues.
- Never view the oeuvre of Michael Bay. His is the work of the AntiSuperHappy Acolytes.
- Do support of the work of Rodney Smith, Devyn Ray, Jillian Summers, Skyler Goff, Ryan Madden, Betsy Puckett, Ben Puckett, Allen T. Law, Samantha LeBroq, Troy S. Burnette, Adam Arthur and Geoff "That's Not How My Name Is Spelled" Cantonese, as without them the show would be impossibly dull.
- Finally, if you wear underwear (which is not a requirement) please let it be clean (which is).